In spite of its limited vineyards, Slovenia is notable for the diversity of its production with 3 wine regions and 14 terroirs. Quality wine growing boasts both original and international grape varieties. Slovenia is one of the oldest European winegrowing area.
Surface : 22 300 ha Production : 0,9 Mhl
- soils: variegated, rich in minerals, karstic, sand, clay, volcanic...
- climate: continental and Mediterranean, with many microclimates due to random temperature and rainfall changes on account of the Alps at the East and the Adriatic coast at the South
- main grape varieties : reds: refosk, sametovka and merlot, and whites : laski rizling, rebula and chardonnay.
Main wine regions
East, at the foot of the Alps and next to the Pannonia plain: the two regions of the Drava and of the Slava, and the Slovenian coast influenced by the Adriatic sea.
- Namizno vino : table wine
- Dezelno vino : local wine
- Kakovotsno vino : quality wine
- Vrhunsko : Premium wine
Site : www.sloveniavino.com/