2020 F.I.C.B. Congress
The FICB 2020 International Congress will take place from 4 to 7 June 2020 in the Langhe-Roero region (Piedmont Italy), followed by an optional extension on 8 and 9 June with visits to Asti and Turin. The Congress is organized by the Ordine dei Cavalieri del Tartufo e dei Vini d'Alba.
Due to the configuration of the exceptional venues where the event will take place, the congress capacity is limited by the organizers to 200 participants (outside the Knights of Alba), significantly less than the potential demand of our member organizations.
The Executive Committee of the F.I.C.B. was therefore instructed, at the General Assembly on 26 January, to put in place a pre-selection procedure for participants involving the members of the FICB themselves, in order to ensure a fair distribution that also takes into account the participation at the three previous congresses of the FICB. (2014, 2016, 2018);
1- Pre-selection: principles
- Each member organization of the FICB is allocated a minimum of 2 registration spots,
- In addition, each of the members of the Executive Committee is allocated 2 registration spots,
- The remaining registration spots are distributed by the F.I.C.B. applying a weighting based on the average of participants from each of the FICB member organizations at the 2014, 2016 and 2018 congresses and taking into account the status of membership in the F.I.C.B. as of March 31, 2019;
- Nominative preselection will be conducted under the authority and responsibility of the Grand Master or President of the member organization concerned of the F.I.C.B.;
Registration must be done online, on the dedicated web page of the Congress Organizer, which will be open on June 12, 2019, using a 4-digit nominative registration code assigned by the F.I.C.B. and notified to the person concerned by the organization member the F.I.C.B. to which he / she belongs.
Those interested in registering for the Congress must therefore:
- be affiliated to one of the member organizations of the F.I.C.B. ;
- make themselves known before 1 June 2019 to their member organization of the F.I.C.B. which will give them a registration code or put them on a waiting list;
Statistically and on the basis of experience, the registration spots initially allocated will not all have been filled and settled by September 1, 2019. Spots not used by this date will be lost. The remaining registration spots will be allocated by the FICB Secretariat among the member organizations of the F.I.C.B. having used all of their first quota, using the same weighting system and taking into account the registrations already settled;
The secretariat of the FICB will notify before 15 September 2019 this second quota of registration spots to the member organizations with the 4-digit registration codes;
The member organizations of the FICB will communicate to the secretariat of the FICB before 1 October the names of the persons they wish to include in their second quota, based on the waiting lists they will have held;
Those selected in this second allocation will have until December 15, 2019 to register and pay the full registration.
After this date, any remaining spots will be allocated directly by the secretariat of the FICB and registrations will be closed on February 1st, 2020.
Note: An "F.I.C.B. sponsored discovery tour of Langhe-Roero wines” will be organized in the fall of 2020 for those who will not have been able to register for the 2020 Congress. Please indicate your interest in this alternative to your member organization of the F.I.C.B.